Wednesday, February 22, 2012

L.A. Zine Fest 2012: an epilogue


As mentioned last week, this past weekend saw the L.A. Zine Fest take over the Spring Arts Tower in downtown Los Angeles. I made it down for a few hours. The place was packed. The scene was AWESOME. I hope like crazy that it happens again next year, and if it does, I hope to have a table to showcase a whole bunch of Danger Digest Comic Books. It was great to elbow my way through the crowds and squirm my way up to tables to chat with self-publishers and hand out copies of Pipe Dope #1, but I want to be even more a part of the thing. 2013 is gonna be big, but rest assured I won't just be sitting on my hands in the interim.

Everybody who exhibited is worth knowing more about, and you can check out the full list at the L.A. Zine Fest website, here. The small number of books I managed to buy and/or trade for during the show come from the extremely talented and radtacular Amanda Makes Comics, Andrew Alexander, Thi Bui, Sheika Lugtu, Jed McGowan, Carrie McNinch, Tom Neely, Revival House Press, Tugboat Press, Malachi Ward and Jennie Yim.

People are making minicomics and zines. People are reading minicomics and zines. Let's all make and read more minicomics and zines!

No comments:

Post a Comment